How do I apply?
How to apply:
- You can apply by submitting a completed application form which downloads when clicking the button below.
- If you require assistance in completing your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
… and lastly, but most importantly, I think you’re all wonderful and that this course is really and truly incredible! How you run it and the path of self discovery you send us on is quite magical and very, very inspiring. In fact it’s quite life changing. It felt important to tell you all that today.Modular Student - Cherry Tree Cohort (2020-2024)
Tobias taught me to become a healthy, balanced human being and their training helps me to go out and help support other people do the same. It is not easy to take the plunge, it is quite a challenge and deeply humbling, you are taken apart in a beautiful way and then gently put together again to reach a higher potential.2019 Graduate
Joining and studying at Tobias school of art and therapy was the best decision of my career. Not only did I feel enriched with tools of the trade, but for the first time ever I felt completely supported. I felt that instead of trying hard to fit in with the world around me, I could bring my authentic self to light. The staff at Tobias are unusually kind and caring! They went to great lengths to ensure I was coping with my studies and getting help in ways I needed.2018 Graduate
My time at Tobias has been tough, precious and life changing. I started with fear and doubt in a completely alien environment. But I was able to transform my experience to one of fulfilment and gratitude because of the heartfelt warmth I received from my teachers and guides at the school.2018 Graduate
Final application date:
The deadline for applications is 4 weeks before the start of the course. Any applications received after the 4-week deadline will only be processed at the discretion of the Director of Training.
Selection for interview:
Selection is on the basis of information provided in your application (as above). The following criteria is also taken into account:
- Artistic Portfolio
- Formal qualifications and experience
- Life Experience
- Evidence of written English
- Commitment and enthusiasm for counselling
- Self-awareness, maturity and stability
- Ability to make use of and reflect upon life experience
- Capacity to cope with the emotional demands of the course
- Ability to cope with the intellectual and academic requirement
- Ability to form a helping relationship
- Ability to be self-critical and use both positive and negative feedback
- Awareness of the nature of prejudice and oppression
- Awareness of issues of difference and equality
- Ability to recognise the need for personal and professional support
- Ability to develop generic professional skills, including: literacy, numeracy, information technology, administrative skills, self- management skills, communication and interpersonal skills
FEE PAYMENT TERMS
Following an interview process for suitable applicants, applicants who are offered a place will be required to confirm acceptance in writing accompanied by a non-refundable enrolment deposit of £500.00.
All applicants should ensure they read and understand the Terms and Conditions of the Student Agreement and the Tuition Fee Contract Terms and Conditions before applying.
Our agreement with you covers the period of your training, however, progression through to the Transpersonal Arts in Therapy training is not automatic and is subject to the satisfactory completion of the course requirements, including minimum attendance, personal development, assessments, and meeting the criteria for placement. We reserve the right to defer a student or terminate their training based upon our professional experience.
Recognition of Prior Learning (APL):
To ensure that all students meet the criteria for BACP registration, APL is not permitted. Students need to complete the course in its entirety.