CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
As advised by the government and to encourage social distancing no students are required to attend Tobias School of Art and Therapy until you are informed otherwise. We will be advising you by email what to do.
New applicants – we understand that these are worrying times. You may submit applications as normal and the admission process can be organised via skype.
We shall resume both the full time courses and the modular courses when it is safe to do so.
Emails are still being picked up but please bear with us if we take longer than normal to respond. You can also connect with us on social media.
In the meantime, please adhere to social distancing, stay home, save lives.
This is a situation which is evolving very quickly. Please make sure that you are comfortable with the current guidelines made available for the public on the NHS website.
If you are aware that you have been in contact with anyone with the Corona virus, or have been in an area currently flagged by the government, we would ask that you do not visit Tobias School of Art – even briefly – for a period of fourteen days.
The faculty at Tobias are meeting regularly to monitor the situation, and communicate with our students and staff as the need arrives. The current advice is that anyone who feels unwell and develops problems with their breathing should telephone (rather than visit) their GP or ring NHS 111 for advice.
Current students and staff should please advise the school of your concern and do not return until you are cleared of the virus.
For all our staff, students and colleagues in the UK, in line with advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and NHS, we would ask you to follow these basic hygiene rules to protect your own health and that of others:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze
- Bin the tissue and, to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel
- Wash your hands often, and for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water
- Please visit the NHS website for further advice.
If you are thinking of travelling abroad during the Easter Holidays, please be aware that the global situation with coronavirus is changing rapidly. Further travel restrictions may be imposed, and additional health precautions may be placed upon individuals returning to the UK from affected countries once new cases are identified.
The decision to travel is yours to make. However, you may wish to carefully consider the following particularly if the travel is avoidable:
- You should check the Government’s latest advice in terms of travel and health restrictions, both in and out of the UK, as well as in the country you are travelling to. You may also find the Foreign Travel Advice and Travel Health Pro websites useful
- Public Health England has also added to the list of specified countries and areas with implications for returning travellers or visitors arriving in the UK. Please visit the NHS website for details.
- If you are booking flights, ensure that you have valid travel insurance in case you need to cancel.
- If the country you are travelling to becomes an area affected by the coronavirus, you may not be able to return to the UK immediately.
- When you are in the UK you may be invited to self-isolate for up to 40 days on your return.
Please look after yourselves and others: we are a small, flexible community and will work with individual needs as any become apparent.
With warmest regards
Staff and Trustees of Tobias School of Art and Therapy
(please keep checking for further updates)